Hull & Associates

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How Secure Is My Job?

We have been asked repeatedly, “How do I know if my job is secure?”

While there are no ironclad guarantees, assuming that your organization is relatively healthy, ask yourself the following questions to get a good idea:

• Is my position crucial to the organization’s purpose and mission?
• Do key people within the organization know the contribution and magnitude of my work?
• Can I do anyone else’s job along with my own?
• Would it be more expensive in time or money to outsource my position?
• Have I acquired the training, knowledge, and experience necessary to keep pace in a changing environment?
• Have I kept up with the changes in technology?

If you can answer ‘yes’ to most of these questions, then your job is relatively secure. So put on that positive attitude and get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home